Merging Technologies Horus
RAVENNA-AES67 – Analogue – MADI – AES I/O
Merging Technologies Horus audio converter combines premium AD and DA with world-class mic pre’s into an elegant 2u front end for your DAW. With a pedigree including Pyramix, Ovation Media Server and VCube HD Video System, Horus is designed to work seamlessly in demanding professional environments.
The Horus features 48 configurable channels of high quality analog to digital or digital to analog conversion with 64x MADI (optical & coaxial) and 24x AES/EBU digital I/O.
Utilising 6 I/O expansion bays capable of either 8 channels of AD or DA conversion the user can select up to 48 channels of analog I/O. The AKD8D/AKD8DP modules provide 8 channels of remotely controllable mic/line preamps of outstanding quality, up to a maximum of 48 AD channels per unit. Analogue output can be configured with up to 6 DA8/DA8P modules providing a maximum of 48 line outputs per unit. Complementing the extensive analogue and digital I/O, an optional second MADI card can be added taking it up to 128 i/o . Horus comes as standard with Wordclock, RS422, MIDI and LTC for interfacing with other 3rd party hardware.
ASIO and CoreAudio Connectivity
Connectivity to any Mac or PC audio workstation is possible using either ASIO or CORE AUDIO via the Ethernet socket of your computer for the ultimate front end solution with up to 64 channels of any combination of digital and analogue i/o up to 192KHz.
Connecting Horus to a network using the RAVENNA protocol enables the real time transmission of 176 channels in and 178 channels out of high quality audio with very low latency. Using standard gigabit Ethernet infrastructure Horus exists as a node on the IP layer allowing access from any point and instant access to inputs and outputs capable of a ‘one to many’ signal flow. Applications for Horus are broadcast production, TV and film post, CD/SACD mastering, studio or live music recording, live events, theatres, museums and fixed installations. It offers remote controllable gain over Ethernet via a browser interface and integrated control and routing with the Pyramix DAW mixer interface. It also features a low power “Green” build, ideal for power conscious installations drawing only 60w. Other features include auto-mute circuitry for power cycling click prevention, and a front panel touch screen interface for local control over routing, gains and sync.
Using standard network connections, switches and connectors, Horus and other Ravenna-enabled devices can be placed on a network and interconnected IN ANY WAY YOU CAN IMAGINE.
- Modular design analogue to digital audio converter
- World class mic pre’s*
- 48** Channels of simultaneous AD/DA conversion
- 44.1 to 384kHz (PCM/DXD/DSD)*** sampling
- 64 x MADI optical & coax, 24 x AES/EBU I/O (128 x MADI option)
- 176 channel full-duplex RAVENNA network audio
- ASIO and Core Audio I/O, supports any DAW
- Remote controllable gain & routing within any browser
- Integrated control and routing with the Pyramix Mixer interface
- Front panel touch-screen interface for local control over routing/gains/sync
- Sync (LTC/MIDI/RS422) over Ethernet
- Low Power “Green” build perfect for power conscious installations
- Optional redundant PSU
* With optional module (AKD8D/AKD8DP) ** Modules are available as 8 channel AD or DA. Horus can accomodate 6 modules in any configuration of AD and DA with a maximum of 48 AD and a maximum of 48 DA *** Standard modules 44.1-192kHz, Premium modules 44.1KHz – 384kHz DXD/DSD
NNA?’ close = ‘closeAll’>]
RAVENNA is a technology for real-time distribution of audio and other media content in IP-based network environments. Utilizing standardized network protocols and technologies, RAVENNA can operate on existing network infrastructures. RAVENNA is designed to meet the strict requirements of the pro audio market featuring low latency, full signal transparency and high reliability.
While primarily targeting the professional broadcast market, RAVENNA will also be suitable for deployment in other pro audio market segments like live sound, install market and recording. Possible fields of application include (but are not limited to) in-house signal distribution in broadcasting houses, theaters, concert halls and other fixed installations, flexible setups at venues and live events, OB van support, inter-facility links across WAN connections and in production & recording applications. http://ravenna.alcnetworx.com
RAVENNA is an open source technology allowing for future development and expansion, companies who are already supporting the RAVENNA protocol include Lawo, Genelec, Neumann, Schoeps, Merging, DirectOut technologies, Digigram, Arkona, Sound4 and AEQ.
Horus Base Unit
The Horus Base unit comprises of 64 i/o MADI on coaxial and optical (MultiMode), 24 AES/EBU i/o and Ravenna network audio i/o. Wordclock, Video ref , LTC and MIDI i/o.
Horus Option Cards
Separate high quality analogue input and output cards can be fitted to the base unit in blocks of 8 to customize your interface for each application. Choose from standard, 192kHz capable or premium DXD/DSD capable Inputs and outputs to capture every sound with the greatest accuracy.
Merging Technologies Horus analogue AD Line and Mic Pre Module
- 8 Mic/line inputs on DSUB connector
- Direct analogue output just after the mic/line pre
- Remote pre amp gain control over Ethernet from any PC, Mac or iPad (any web-enabled device)
- Individual phantom power on all inputs
- Low power, “Green” design for low heat and low power consumption
- AD8: 44.1kHz – 192kHz
- AD8P:44.1kHz – 384kHz(DXD) and DSD
Merging Technologies Horus analogue Line DA Output Module
- 8 line outputs on DSUB connector
- 123dB Signal to noise ratio (SNR)
- Power up/power down auto-mutes (speaker protection)
- Assignable Line up levels
Pro Tools HD Module
- 64 Channels of Pro Tools HD™ connectivity in each card (Main + Expansion connections)
- Fit up to 2 PT64 cards in Hapi or Horus for 128 channels to and from Pro Tools HD™
- Able to mimic signal delays for all AVID™ branded interfaces (HD I/O, MADI I/O, 192 I/O)
- Works from 44.1 -> 192 kHz sample rates
- Completely routable as any other part of our Networked Audio Interface range.
- Connect your Pro Tools HD™ to the power of Ravenna Networking
|Horus Base unit 1 x MADI , 24 AES i/o, Ravenna, TC sync, WC, VID||
|Premium 8 Channel Mic/Line AKD card 44.1Khz to DSD/DXD w/Direct out||
|Premium 8 Channel DA card 44.1Khz to DSD/DXD||
|Standard 8 Channel Mic/Line AKD card 44.1khz to 192Khz w/Direct out||
|Standard 8 Channel DA card 44.1Khz to 192Khz||
|Standard 8 Channel Mic/Line ADA card 44.1Khz to 192Khz||
|Redundant Power supply||
|Second MADI Coax & Optical Multimode card (taking unit up to 128 i/o)||
|NET-MSC-GBEX1 Masscore Gigabit PCIe Adapter||
|CON-D25-XLRF D25 to XLR 8 channel analogue input cable 1.5m for Horus||
|CON-D25-XLRM D25 to XLR 8 channel analogue output cable 1.5m for Horus||
|CON-D25-XLRD D25 to XLR 8 channel Digital i/o AES/EBU cable 1.5m for Horus||
|CON-D15-VTC Horus Time code and video ref breakout cable||
|Horus/HAPI 64 channel Digilink module for Pro Tools HD/HDX||£530.00|
All pricing shown excludes VAT @20%
Need less I/O? The HAPI could be for you: