Penta 721 Format Converter
Dante – MADI – AES – Pro Tools HDX I/O
PENTA 721 is a new generation audio router and audio distribution interface from NTP Technology, which provides aversatile and flexible interface for signal distribution of digital audio via AES/EBU, MADI, Avid Pro Tools interface as well as routing via IP Gigabit Ethernet and optical fibre networks using the Dante format.
PENTA 721 is a compact 1U digital audio interface designed for stand-alone use in recording studios, radio stations and stage venues. It comes with 16 channels of AES/EBU input/output, MADI, two IP Audio Ethernet Dante in/outs and digi link HDX for Avid Pro Tools as well as a mini-module slot for ST optical MADI connection or dual SFP MADI optical in/out.
- 16 AES/EBU I/O and 1-3 MADI I/O
- HDX Interface for AVID Pro Tools
- IP audio L3 Ethernet I/O powered by Dante
- TCP/IP control via NTP Router Control System and
- Stand alone control applications for PC
- Single or Dual power supply
- Flexible patching and routing of digital audio signals providing
- Stand alone IP audio interface and format converter
- Interface for NTP TDM router systems
- Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over IP networks using off the shelf switches
The PENTA 721 includes a 1024×1024 multiplexer, enabling all analogue and digital inputs and outputs to be routed in any combination. This enables the unit to also split signals for advanced signal distribution. The multiplexer can be used to establish the static connections of the signal inputs and outputs, and furthermore it incorporates soft switching with a fade down and fade up functionality of the signal level. Soft switching ensures that setting or changing a signal path can be made without any audible click or artefact.